Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Taco Tuesday

There's only six Taco Tuesdays for the PB&J (photographer, broadcaster & journalist) team left here. To do Taco Tuesday right you really have to eat at the main dining facility ((ahem, you're welcome, April) or the DFAC) here known as Ala' Too. Yeah, you can get a touch of Mexican with some enchiladas or a burrito at the two smaller DFACs, but you miss out on heaping piles of shells or tortillas, ground meat or shredded chicken filling and the fixins bar of grated cheese, shredded lettuce, salsa, sometimes guacamole, and fresh whole chopped tomatoes.

On Taco Tuesdays I eat taco salad which means my plate is at least half tomatoes. Today, no chopped tomatoes, but no worries - I'll grab some tomato slices from the sandwich bar. No such luck. I love black olives almost as much as tomatoes so I'll over-compensate on those. No such luck. Just before I was about ready to give up on enjoying lunch, my eyes became glued to snow-white heaven. ***Sour cream.****

Sour cream for me is the equivalent of what BBQ sauce is to JG. It's the foundation of some of the tastiest dips, the key ingredient for a rich Stroganoff, an essential component to most cheesecakes and probably the only condiment I could literally eat by the spoonful. (No, peanut butter is not a condiment, it's a category all its own.)

I enjoyed a 'little' dab on my salad. I was then pleasantly surprised to see it at the Colonel Mac's DFAC to accompany my enchiladas at dinner complete with sliced (then Jenny-Chopped) tomatoes and black olives. Best Taco Tuesday EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment