Monday, January 24, 2011

33 Down

All day long the birthday wishes on my Facebook page kept flooding in. Childhood friends, family, colleagues, new friends, it made me feel very special. The other sergeants in my flight made it a point to tell wait staff at restaurants it was my birthday all weekend long. I even have a souvenir hat decorated with fancy letters drawn in crayon and lipstick kisses from this morning's breakfast. I have to say it was the first time I've ever seen waitresses command the attention of the entire restaurant to turn and look as I did the twist. "Are you serious?" I asked as they told me I needed to do it. "Yes, we made you a hat." The hat said: 'Happy Birthday Jennifer, 21 all over again, I shook my booty at Gunther Toody's.'

Edward and Zachary sang 'Happy Birthday' to me on the phone. It made me miss them even more. My beautiful flower arrangement JG sent me got even more breathtaking as the flowers started to open up. The Facebook status from Saturday morning: "woke up to the beautiful flowers J.G. Buzanowski sent yesterday. Daffodils, my favorite flower because it reminds me of home - we used to have them growing around the house; tulips, one of the featured flowers at our wedding; and eucalyptus, it reminded me of one family vacation when we got eucalyptus oil to help steam out Zach's congestion. Peach lilies and roses - just gorgeous! Thank you, Darling!"

I'm in disbelief I am 33. Mainly because I feel strongly about wanting to get pregnant before age 35. With JG's upcoming deployment I feel like we're in a "now or never" situation. I was actually a little disappointed I didn't find out I was pregnant while being here for a course in Colorado Springs. JG says if I get pregnant in February the baby would likely be born in October - then all five of us would have birthdays one month after another beginning with Edward's in September.

After dinner tonight we stopped at Walgreens. I was thankful. My head cold from last week re-attacked today. Mucinex D was added to my regiment of Zicam and Day/Night Quils. I even bought NeilMed sinus rinse on the recommendation of a classmate. I think I did it wrong, tho. It seemed more of the liquid was coming out the back of my throat instead of out the other nostril. Gross, eh?

As long as I'm better before JG flies down. I'm so excited! Not only is he coming for my graduation night, he's flying in two days early! We'll even be flying home on the same flight!

1 comment: