Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Microwave Hates Me

As of tonight, there's only nine more days until graduation. But, that's not the important countdown. JG is flying here in seven days. Valentine's Day he's actually testing for promotion, which is what I'll be studying for myself once I'm home while finishing the R&R I was owed after my deployment that I still have left to take.

JG and I skyped most of Super Bowl Sunday - we did some online shopping together at Best Buy and Fredericks. I ate a good breakfast at Cracker Barrel that morning and ate my leftover pancake and some leftover chicken from Friday night as a late lunch. Well, I got hungry and decided to heat a "mini" bag of popcorn in my microwave on the popcorn setting.

About three minutes and thirty seconds later smoke was rolling out of the microwave. I hit stop, opened the window, turned on the fan and opened my door and began fanning air into my room. I took the popcorn out of the microwave and threw it in my trash. I was waiting for the alarm to go off. After about 15 minutes of waiting I believed the coast was clear..I was wrong.

On a side note, I wonder how many blogs will be researched decades from now by historians. Just my facebook status alone from Sunday have painted an accurate picture of my day:

is waiting for an open washing machine.
Sunday at 1:23pm (PST)

just went online shopping with JG via skype. :)
Sunday at 4:58pm

wow - my FB friends tore UP the half time show and then spewed it all over their walls. Napkins?
Sunday at 6:11pm

**Insert text message from JG "you okay?" as the skype session abruptly ended**

had a lovely visit with the fire fighters and security forces. 15 minutes before the excitement I sent an email with the sarcastic remark "I just burnt a mini bag of popcorn waiting for the fire alarm to go off." I have the power of jinx.
Sunday at 9:27pm

BINGO Bonus!
Jennifer scored a BINGO in SCRABBLE with the word NEITHER worth 71 points!
BINGO is a play in which you use all 7 tiles in the rack. A bonus of 50 extra points is added to your score.
Sunday at 10:24pm via SCRABBLE

At least the game was over before the alarm went off. And, you can see, my day ended on a high note because I very rarely get bingos during Scrabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment