Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fireworks


In the past 24 hours I've made three trips to the Home Depot and one trip to the Tile Store at the bargain price of $259.16. After admiring how beautiful the tile was, I ripped out every thing from the walls, including the medicine cabinet. The toilet and sink are unserviceable. The tank is empty and I managed to get the faucet out. The cabinet doors are off and in a stripping process. I even removed the window blind so I can prep around the window for painting. Then it hits me. I no longer have my own bathroom until the remodel is over. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is.

The bathroom remodel feels like the only thing I have any control over. I can't tell you how good it felt to rip everything out of the walls. I wasn't thinking about anything - my mind was focused on the task at hand. Last night was the first since JG left that I slept through the night.

I took a bunch of photos of the bathroom to share today, but I didn't have any luck downloading the USB software for my new cellphone onto the computer. Hopefully I can figure it out soon - you'll know if I'm eventually successful when photos magically appear one day on this post.

JG's new phone came in the mail this week. We don't have good luck with phones - luckily we have insurance. Last summer when we visited my mom, Judy, in Massachusettes my phone fell out of JG's pocket on Six Flag's Superman or Batman ride. Then just last month his phone fell out of my backpack when we were at Hershey Park. It cracked then one of the hinges busted out.

The kids had a blast at Hershey Park. The four of us had our family portrait done - characature style. Each holding a light saber with the Death Star in the distance. It's framed and mounted in the livingroom kitty-corner to our engagement photo.

About the time the engagement photo was taken I purchased stamps for the wedding invitations. I bring this up because the gentleman who sold me the Forever stamps was the same gentleman I've kept past closing at the post office twice this week. Did you know Express Mail to Alaska sent Wednesday from Virginia won't arrive until Monday? I had to send their DMV my original SSN card, original marriage certificate, copy of my military ID and my LES to get my last name updated on my driver's license. For the fun of it I also checked the box 'motorcycle permit' to see if I could get one without having to do anything else. Will I actually drive a motorcycle? Doubtful, but at least my curiousity will be satistfied.

Then Thursday JG's first care package got mailed. We each put something special in there for him. Zachary made a card, Edward packed Yoshi and I printed a photo of the boys and wrote him a poem. One day last summer JG gave Yoshi to Edward after he pulled him out of a box at the storage unit. Just before he left, JG asked Edward if he could take Yoshi with him. See, JG used to have a little green bear that he took with him on all his previous deployments. The bear traveled with JG and had its photo taken at landmarks all over the world. The bear was lost shortly after we moved in last summer. We've tried desperately for months to find him but to no avail. I'm hoping Yoshi gets there before JG travels to Iraq for the first time.

It's almost dark - time to take the boys to the Air Force Memorial to watch the fireworks. I'll be daydreaming about our wedding day.

1 comment:

  1. Ill try to get with you before I leave on my vacation to help you out with the computer and phone issues ok?

    ReplyDelete