Monday, March 29, 2010

Camping out at home

The laptop is on a folding table and I'm sitting on a blow-up mattress. Any minute the contractor will start rennovations and I'm stuck wondering what color paint to do the livingroom. Home Depot made an appointment for us to purchase the other half of our materials this afternoon. We bought the first half Saturday and was a little dissappointed their 10 percent military discount is capped at $200.

I found an exotic pet boarder in Maryland today. Wondering if long-term boarding may be an option for Indy. The contractor who runs Fairchild Air Force Base's privitized housing won't allow "large constrictor snakes." Indy may look intimidating to a person who doesn't like or understand snakes, but trust me, she's no anaconda.

The movers came last week and hauled away most of our belongings. I have a few kitchen essentials, four suitcases of clothes and odds and ends that, fingers crossed, will fit in the back of the truck.

Next weekend JG and I celebrate our one-year anniversary - hopefully by next Monday we wont't be too exhausted to enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing a partial dity move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. We sure are! I'm guessing we'll be hauling 1,000 lbs, or close to it!

    ReplyDelete