Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Christopher Moore

If I didn't have WiFi right now waiting with JG I'd be going CRAZY. His favorite author, Christopher Moore, is going to do a book reading and signing in about 20 minutes. JG is reading his newest release, BITE ME, as I'm blogging. And not that there's anything wrong with blogging - I love you all - but there's about a million more things that need to get done before the move. We leave in five days. SIGH.

We went to Mr. Moore's book signing last year when he released FOOL. About now, if JG were reading over my shoulder he'd make a 'single guy' joke relating to the timing of the book release with our wedding. Yes, Christopher Moore got an invitation. No, he didn't come. He signed my copy of Lamb. I was only about halfway through it when he signed it. He cared enough to ask how I liked it. I said "so far, so good" and that's how he signed it.

Yesterday JG and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. We started the day by taking the kids to the "boss's house." (This is what JG likes to call the White House.) It was the annual Easter Egg Roll and we were almost first in line. We were able to get tickets because JG had deployed last year. Next to the income tax return it was the second-best perk to him being deployed. The kids had a blast.



SIDENOTE: It just occurs to me I'm the only one here with a laptop. It will probably be rude, especially sitting in the front row, if I don't put it away while he speaks :UNSIDENOTE

As a kid I remember seeing the White House Easter Egg Roll featured on the ABC/CBS nightly news (Dad would switch back and forth between the two over the years, but never NBC). Anyway - I imagined that the "roll" would have been at least 50 feet or so. I seemed as if it were only five, but JG is convinced it was more like 25.



After that Zachary did hula-hooping and then both of the boys did Basketball and Tennis "phonics." JG walked one of the volunteer tennis coaches over to me and introduced me. Turns out she was Billie Jean King. She was not wearing a name tag. If she was I honestly wouldn't know who she was anyway. You could tell she was really having a blast working with the kids. I overheard her tell another parent that they (not sure exactly who "they" is) just started a 95-year-old and up tennis league. If only I had that much spunk now! :)

Then we went over to another sporting area and the boys played catch. Edward decided it was easier to play catch without a glove. It was cute.

We ran into some friends while we were there. The Zachary family drove up from Florida to attend. Stacia was so cute showing our Zachary her service coat nametag :) The Lapetoda family commuted in from Maryland. JG says I gave him a nasty look when I saw him conversing and taking photos of a blonde. I think April saw it too - she teased me. It was funny - which brings me to .... So the other day I was reading Cosmo at the salon and it said not all women want to steal your style, your job and your man. Well, there's enough of them to warrant caution.



SIDENOTE: Is there anyone else is this crowd NOT reading his book? :UNSIDENOTE

He's here. GTG.

No comments:

Post a Comment