Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I was told there would be no math ...

Things just aren't adding up. When I sit down and go over everything I have to do in a day, I'm frustrated there aren't 30 hours in a day. That's about what I need. Of course, that doesn't include requisite video game time, so that will have to be factored in somehow ...

But that's the issue. I can't get everything factored in. I never was any good at math ...

With Jennifer gone, it's not just a drain on us at home, it means one fewer people at work. Which means more to do there with her gone. So after a long day doing the work I have, the work she would have and the work that our soon-to-be-deployed lieutenant has, I'm just drained. I'm convinced Jennifer cloned herself last year and is just hiding them from me ...

So at least to help become a better parent ('cause hell, I'm still new at this (does that feeling EVER go away?)) I attended a parenting class on base. Some folks from the Love and Logic Institute came out last month and gave a few talks that I got a lot out of. Basically it involves making kids more responsible for their own decisions by being assertive about your own. I found that by using their methods, I haven't yelled at them at all. Who knew making your voice lower has just as much impact, if not more ...

So I'm ordering the books for Jennifer and me. Last year, we read a lot of relationship books to become better spouses to each other; this year we're gonna focus on parenting. For that matter, next year might be focusing on parenting too as Jennifer and I are talking about having a baby. Which shouldn't be a big deal, right? I mean, how hard can one baby be? But then again, with Jennifer's penchant for breaking things, what if she splits the embryo and there are twice as many of them? The number of dirty diapers doubles, the number of hungry kids in the house screaming for food doubles and the amount of time there is for video games gets halved. Again, with the math ...

No comments:

Post a Comment