Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Grounds

Today was our last day setting up the home and JG and I report to our office tomorrow morning. The daycare issue is still looming. I have to say there was a night and day difference between registering Edward at the Child Development Center and Zachary at the Youth Center. Last Wednesday, Edward was registered, enrolled and had a start date for Monday. Zachary is still in "the process." Meaning Wednesday we filled out paperwork to be able to pick up more paperwork Monday. Monday will filled out paperwork and returned it just to get a call today to have more paperwork done. And we still don't know if Zachary will be enrolled and if so what day he will start OR if this all in vain because he needs to go on a waiting list. SIGH.

At my last office I had a coffee pot marked soley for water. This was for tea or oatmeal without having a coffee residue taste. Last week at our first trip to the commissary I made sure to buy coffee filters and coffee. Monday I finally unpacked the box that had the other half of the coffee pot and was so excited I proceeded to make coffee only to realize I bought coffee beans and not ground coffee. So, today, at our fifth trip the base exchange here I bought a coffee grinder. So yummy, I'm finally enjoying real coffee in my own home!

I'm wearing a red apron. With all the time and messes in the kitchen I feel like it's about time I owned one. The last time I had one was when I was four. It was blue. The red matches my pot holders, floor mats, kitchen aid, food processor and our new dish set. I like red now much better than when JG and I met and the only color of anything he owned was black and red. Our new comforter is black and red too - but it's very elegant, not overly masculine.

The house is finally starting to take shape although not all of the furniture is placed. We are debating on making a library out of one of the rooms in the basement. More to come on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment