Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ju-Ju

Ju-Ju hates me. Every time we let her out of the kennel in the back of the truck she heads straight for the cab of the truck after going potty.


Never, ever has she ridden anywhere else but with me in the cab of the truck. The way she’s looking at me this week breaks my heart. I feel especially bad since I’m sure she was about ready to have a heart attack earlier this week when we were driving through Ohio. We pass an identical-model Dodge Ram then a few minutes later it’s keeping pace with us – I look over and the husband, wife and kid are waving frantically and mouthing “your gate is open.” So, we pull over and sure enough the tail gate was down and the glass door to the topper was wide open. Luckily, everything was packed tight enough we didn’t lose anything. My poor Judy-girl.

Staying to nights outside St. Louis and renting a car to go to Hannibal and to the ball game was a great idea. It gave Ju-Ju a chance to chill all day and we didn’t have the stress of maneuvering the truck and trailer through the fan-fare.

So aside from the Belgian waffles, the other reason we’re staying at the Comfort Inn with dedication this entire trip is to accumulate free nights. The two consecutive nights in Alexandria during renovation week and our two nights in Missouri only count for points as one stay. Good to know. Not every stay is equal in points – so where on earth they get their stay two nights get one free slogan I have no idea.

We dropped the car off at Enterprise on our way out on 70 West this morning. Luckily on the way to the ball game yesterday I asked JG where it was and he pointed out the exit. I’m so glad I asked because when I followed him this morning, I didn’t have room or time to merge ahead of an 18-wheeler so I had to yield and merge after him, completely obstructing my view of JG driving the Chevy Impala. But, I knew the exit and the day was saved.
We ate at Sonic today for lunch. Not nearly as good as I remember. But everyone else seemed to like it. We parked and got Ju-Ju out of her kennel as we ate at the picnic tables. Zachary gave her a bite of chicken from his chicken, bacon, cheese toaster sandwich. She is such a good dog. I lift her on the tailgate and say “get in your kennel” and she does. “What a good baby girl,” I tell her as I give her a treat. I bought a new natural brand that has glucosamine in it. The vet said I can give her that supplement in pill form to ease her arthritis. A new home is a great place to start new habits and when JG and I take our vitamins, the kids take their gummy vitamins then I’ll have Ju-Ju take her supplement. To make it easy I may just put it in a bit of soft food.
I’ve got to go negotiate a stopping point for the night with JG. Soon I hope to get photos posted and some of my writing tightened up for an easier read. I’m kicking myself for not looking into a wireless card for the laptop before we left!

No comments:

Post a Comment