Sunday, April 11, 2010

Not as planned

It's Sunday night. Originally we were supposed to already be on the road to Washington. By Friday, it was apparent that the goal was too ambitious so at our last appointment at the Pentagon we changed our departure date to Monday.

JG and I fought over how much of what we kept out was going to fit in the truck and we had plans to visit a friend in West Virginia tonight so I said, "Fine. I give up in this argument, go get the trailer." I figured I could suck up doing things his way for now and along the road trip I could condense and repack so by the time we rolled through Montana the trailer would be returned and we'd be arriving our final destination the way I had wanted to leave Virginia. My actual, genuine buy-in to his plan happened a good hour after every U-Haul in a 100-mile radius closed. Although there was a U-Haul less than 10 minutes away, JG was compelled to get my full buy-in of the trailer plan right when I told him to get it. He told me, "you said 'go get the trailer' begrudgingly."

Looking back on it, how adorable is it that he wanted me to believe he was right?

I threw away JG's Star Wars popsicles that were in the freezer. I was so obsessed with cleaning out the kitchen I didn't even think twice. I felt bad when I realized that he didn't even had one yet, and that when he bought them he was serious about eating them and that they weren't just our BBQ gag favor.

So I bought Indy, our snake, a travel case. It's a nice canvas one with mesh screens that you'd expect to see a chihuahua in. It's pink. I like it. Then, the boys and I bought sunglasses today at Old Navy while JG was in Home Depot returning the excess flooring and tile and weird odds and ends we didn't end up using for the rennovations. I even bought sun glass pouches. I like the pouches. Mine is pink.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys enjoy Washington. I grew up between Seattle and Portland on the west side of the Cascades and always ran over to the east side when I needed a sunshine fix.

    There is lots to do and the economy there is pretty cheap around Fairchild, AFB. Can't wait to see your posts about discovering the area.

    ReplyDelete